The cookie today was Eggnog Snickerdoodles. There encompass all the best part of both Eggnog and Snickerdoodles and are now Carrie's favorite Christmas cookie. We hope you enjoy them too.
Merry Christmas to you all!
2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
16 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1½ tsp. rum extract
1½ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 400°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk first 4 dry ingredients together in medium bowl. Using stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 – 6 minutes. Add eggs and rum extract and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low, slowly add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
3. Working with 1 tablespoon dough at a time, roll into balls and space them 2 inches apart on prepared sheets. Using greased bottom of measuring cup, press each ball into ½-inch thick round.
4. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 8 – 10 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Let cookies cool completely, about 45 minutes.
5. Combine powdered sugar and nutmeg in a small bowl. Using a fine-mesh strainer, dust cookies with sugar mixture before serving.