About this blog...
Welcome the Harriet's Treadle Arts' blog!
Here you will find fun updates about all the fun events and happenings at Harriet's.
Written by Harriet's daughter Carrie Jones who manages Harriet's Treadle Arts and co-authors the Quilter's Academy series of books with Harriet.
Then, when Carrie's out of things to write, you may just luck out and find one of her great recipes or some cool quilting tip or trick.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Class registration policies & skill level descriptions
• Class fee is due in full upon registration payable by cash, check and credit card.
• You may register by phone with a credit card
• Be sure to get your supply list prior to your class starts- this is your responsibility- not ours.
• If you cannot come into the store to pick your supply list up we will be happy to fax it to you, or you can send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the store and we will mail your supply list to you.
• If you request that we mail your supply list and you do not send a SASE we will charge you 50¢ for postage.
• Please check class dates carefully before registering. Fees are only refundable if and only if the store or the teacher cancels the class. Transfers or credits can only be made if we can fill your space in the class.
Class Experience Levels:
Level 1- No particular skill level is required. All students can successfully complete course content.
Level 2- No prior piecing and/or quilting experience needed. You do need to know how to use your sewing machine.
Level 3- Basic piecing skills required. You should know how to rotary cut well and sew with an accurate seam allowance.
Level 4- Basic quilting skills required. You should be able to use your walking foot and have a basic understanding of free-motion quilting.
Level 5- Confident piecing skills needed. You need to have understanding of strip piecing, squares and triangles for this level.
Level 6- Confident quilting skill needed. You don’t have to like your quilting, but you do need to know how to free-motion quilt.